yooooo

yooooo

map yo

map yo

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Unworthy Not Worthless: God's Masterpieces

So tonight, I wanted to write about my favorite book in the Bible...Ephesians. I love the way Paul talks so intimately about how God has adopted us into his FAMILY. Gosh, that gives me goosebumps.

Something I also love is this verse...

For we are God's masterpiece.

Man! That gets to me. 

It drives me nuts, especially in this day in time, that the media needs women to be slim and fit and they need men with six packs and tan bodies...when we are all unique. WE ARE GOD'S MASTERPIECES! Yet, we critique ourselves. We call ourselves ugly. We are constantly trying to change ourselves...change our appearances...pray we are skinnier, tanner, or looking for the next fad. When God made us beautiful. God made us into masterpieces.

My encouragement to all of us is to remember that the God that made us does not make mistakes. He made us flawless...in His own image.

So the next time you think about looking in a mirror to critique yourself, remember not to bash the art of the greatest artist of all time.

Love yourself...Love how God made you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment