yooooo

yooooo

map yo

map yo

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

We need more Jennie Finch's

So since my blog is called "Starting Over" -- I thought I would start by saying that there are a lot of things that I would love to start over on. Some I have been given the chance to but others, unfortunately, I will never be able to start over.

For instance, my passion.

My goal from a very young age was to play for the US Olympic softball team. I knew that at four years old, I was going to accomplish that goal.

Yet, here I am.

There's this saying that God has given us all talents that we use to bring Him glory. I completely agree and understand that statement. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this. Even after becoming a Christian, I thought I worked my faith into the game but it was just obvious that I wasn't. I could talk about God all I wanted but to actually give glory to God for something I did...no. I didn't ever do that. So as God does, He sometimes takes things away just to show how powerful He is.

Needless to say, I will never be an Olympic softball player.

But that doesn't mean that some other little girl couldn't. Except, it does. Since 2008, girls all over the world have not been given the opportunity to play Olympic softball because it's been dropped. For the first time since then, softball and baseball are back in the pool at actually become a sport.

Not only is this a huge for me but also for the millions of girls that play softball.

So I am asking you to do something. I am asking you to back softball. I am asking you to become educated. I am asking you to give girls a chance. I am asking you to vote to put softball and baseball back in the Olympics.

If you don't listen to me...listen to a gold medalist...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2013/09/02/jennie-finch-why-softball-should-be-in-olympics/2756255/

I don't know about you but I feel we need more Jennie Finch's in the world. We can make that happen.

The big vote happens on Sunday. Praying that girls actually have a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment