yooooo

yooooo

map yo

map yo

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Katie Meets Her Husband: Derek Holland (Ron Washington was there too)

So...the past few days have been absolutely crazy and I am overwhelmed. Yesterday, one of my biggest dreams came true and I was about to meet a hero of mine, Ron Washington of the Texas Rangers.

So this is how that happened, I was cruising on Facebook one day and obviously I am the biggest Rangers fan so I obviously liked their facebook page. So anyway, I saw that they were having this banquet type thing that was happening and Ron Washington was going to be there. So I nonchalantly sent the link to my mom and asked if we could go. A couple of days later, we were sent the letter and it was official, I would be meeting Ron Washington AND Derek Holland.

Not only was this my Christmas present but it was also my One Year Anniversary celebration since I had my rib removed. It was such a cool way to celebrate.

We arrived at the Rangers Ballpark at 5:45 and there was only about 50 people were there. We waited for about 15 minutes for them to let us in and then we got to go into the stadium. Now, mind you, anytime i enter rangers stadium, I get the chills. It's one of my favorite places to be. But last night, I was overwhelmed by the grand awesomeness that it was. First, there were only 150 of us in the whole entire stadium. It was so surreal because we are use to at least 30,000. There were no crowds, no lines, and it was super quiet. Next, we into the Capital One Suite (talk about pretty stinking sweeet) and there was Ron and Derek standing there for pictures.

Now, I would like to pretend that i held myself together pretty well. I would like to pretend and say that i was calm cool and collected. However, unfortunately, i was not. I was absolutely freaking out and it was awesome. Ron thought i was precious. So we had our picture taken with them and Derek had some pretty awesome hair.



Then we had the best steak I have ever had in my life. And I have this problem where I don't eat steak...I usually will not touch it but last night, I did. And it was so good. Derek and Ron were interviewed and we were able to ask questions.

I asked Derek, "So uhm, is that like your natural hair? Because I've seen you on tv and your hair doesn't look like that? I'm just a little concerned."

And he answered, "This is actually my lego hair. No, just kidding. Yes, this is my real hair. I have naturally curly hair."

Which basically means that we are meant for each other. Our poor kids will have BIG HAIR ISSUES. It'll be fine. We don't have to talk about it.

It was a great night. I had the best time. It was a great ending to a horribly awesome semester. And an awesome way to celebrate the removal of my rib. Life is good. And Ron Washington is my favorite. Soon, you will all meet my fiancé, Derek.


No comments:

Post a Comment